NOT YOUR TYPICAL GARDEN-VARIETY
WE DON'T JUST MAKE SOMETHING, WE'RE CHANGING SOMETHING - FOR THE BETTER
For more than 20 years now, we have been tirelessly and passionately working with farmers around the globe in an effort to reduce our ecological footprint, while supporting smaller-scale farming communities. Ultimately, we want our products to tell a story, an ethical one.
We put particular emphasis on organic and ethically certified botanicals, some of which are also wild-harvested. Our partnerships have very high standards and are committed to purchasing only the best ingredients, for both quality and conscience.
Farmers are often constrained in what they can produce due to limited marketing opportunities, which often makes diversification into new crops very difficult. Contract farming, however, gives farmer access to a wide range of helpful materials, which allows them to grow food crops, which might otherwise be unobtainable. And we are so proud to be a partner in protecting and promoting the agricultural industry and the quality of farm-grown premium products.
- to foster biodiversity and protect sensitive habitats and landscapes
- to maximize the use of renewable resources and recycling
- to minimize pollution and waste
- to provide a fair quality of life, work satisfaction and working environment
- to develop ecologically responsible production, processing and distribution chains, emphasizing local systems
*CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW FUN FACT
- 100 UK growers transported an estimated 14,000 stems to the 2019 Chelsea Flower Show. In one extract alone, the number of stems used for one skincare product, developed by Cosmetic Research Lab, can amount to double that quantity.